Selecting a qualified heating/cooling contractor can be a daunting task. Just google “AC contractors” and you’ll find hundreds just in your area. But who should you call? Here are some tips to help you select the best professional for the job of meeting your AC and heating needs
- Verify the business is properly licensed by the governing authorities in your local area. You can verify this by calling your local government building and permits department.
- Background check – just like a report, its important to verify the history and performance of a AC/Heating business. We have limited time, so here’s the bottom line – just make sure the business has been operating for more than 5 years.
- If your repairs are extensive, ask them to provide you proof of insurance. If they are reputable, they should have no problem showing you a certificate of their workers compensation and liability insurance.
- Ensure the repair technicians are NATE Certified. If they are, this is the best indicator that they will be providing top notch service using fully trained professionals. The technicians that carry the NATE badge have passed rigorous state certification tests for HVAC systems and consistent year round upgrade training to maintain this certification.
- Ensure your contractor or HVAC company is factory authorized on their products… this puts them a cut above the rest because this means they specialize on that particular product. The manufactures generally place stringent requirements on the level of quality of service your contractor must provide which generally ensures a consistency in great service for the customer.
Visit www.callballthatsall.com for all your HVAC needs on the Mississippi Gulf Coast.